After the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Holy Rosary is the prayer most pleasing to Our Blessed Mother. Reigning as Queen of Heaven and sitting next to the King, her beloved son, Our Lady has been given the dispensation to grant God’s graces to her spiritual children, for whom she constantly intercedes.
The Blessed Virgin Mary promised St. Dominic and all who followed that “Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted.”
She also revealed to him 15 specific promises to those who faithfully pray the Rosary:
- Whosoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
- [Signal graces are a simple signs from God in response to a question asked in prayer or a subtle hint to keep moving in the right direction. They can be as simple as a “Have Faith” bumper sticker or seeing a cardinal after finishing a novena to St. Francis.]
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities and will lift them to the desire for Eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means!
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- [In other words, anyone who faithfully seeks Mary’s intercession through the Rosary will be saved from the fires of hell.]
- Whosoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God and become worthy of Eternal Life.
- [An unprovided death means dying while not in a state of grace (that is, in dying with unconfessed mortal sin in the soul). The Blessed Mother promises that anyone who regularly prays the Rosary, and earnestly tries to live according to God’s will, will be spiritually prepared when their time of death comes.]
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
- [Our Blessed Mother promises that the soul will receive sanctifying grace through the Sacraments prior to its departure from the body.]
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the Light of God and the plenitude of His Graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the Merits of the Saints in Paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of Glory in Heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by recitation of the Rosary.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire Celestial Court during their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the Rosary are my Sons, and brothers of my Only Son Jesus Christ.
- Devotion to my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
- [In other words, a commitment to the Rosary is a good sign that the one who prays is on the path to Heaven.]
It is amazing to experience the grace and peace we receive by an act so simple as praying the Rosary. Setting aside time to pray the Rosary – alone, with one’s family, or with friends – is a small act of faith that reaps great rewards. And as Sister Lucia dos Santos, one of the children to whom Our Lady appeared at Fatima, said, “There is no problem, no matter how difficult…that cannot be solved by the prayer of the Holy Rosary.”