The Language Fair is held annually at the University of Memphis.
This year, St. Benedict at Aubrundale High School students brought home several awards:
Winners representing German were:
- German Crafts - 2nd place Mallory Bloodworth (10th grade)
- German Art - 2nd place Jessica McClure (10th grade)
- German Research Project - 3rd place Shannon Kennedy (12th grade) & Andrew Bergsmith (11thgrade)
- German Poetry Writing - 1st place Andrew Bergsmith(11thgrade)
- German Video level 1 - 2nd place Brandon Bernard, Ethan Hanson & Chase Schaber (10th grade)
- German Video level 3 - 1st place Hollie Brown, Emily Whittenberg, Josh Edoff, Emma Sorette & Andrew Bergsmith (11th grade)
- German Video level 4 - 1st place, Shannon Kennedy, Luis Perez & Erica Messer (12th grade)
Winners representing Spanish were:
- Poetry writing - 1st Place Lorenz Cabe
- Writing Heritage - 1st Place Zenia Lomas
- Music Group - 2nd Place Nathalie Trinh and Samantha Carrillo
- Greeting Card - 2nd Place Dante Carrasco
- Greeting Card - 3rd Place Isabella Hughes
In February, SBA German students participated in the Frühlingsfest competition at Vanderbilt University in a wide variety of categories.
SBA brought home the following awards:
- German Video - 1st place Hollie Brown, Emily Whittenberg, Josh Edoff, Emma Sorette & Andrew Bergsmith (11th grade)
- German Poetry recitation - Jacob Kersting (9th grade)
- German Art 3D - 3rd place Jacob Kersting (9th grade)
- German Baking, Sweet - 3rd place Emily Whittenberg (11th grade)
Students are from Arlington, Bartlett, Collierville, Cordova, Eads, Germantown and Memphis.