The Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia created a series titled Praying as a family that first aired on EWTN in April 2017. The episodes were filmed in the homes of Catholics who practice family prayer. EWTN and the Sisters describe the families as being “just like yours” and are people who have “made Christ the center of their lives.”
Previously aired episodes are available through EWTN.org at bit.ly/2fxXQK0.
You are invited to view upcoming episodes and “Share in their struggles and sorrows, their joy and laughter, and the faith that makes all things possible. Be inspired. Be strengthened as a family.”
Upcoming PRAYING AS A FAMILY episodes are as follows:
Grace And Freedom
Family members discuss how accepting themselves and others has allowed them to grow closer to the Holy Family together.
- Sunday, October 1 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 2 at 4:00 pm
Walking By Faith
Families share how their questions have been answered not by blind faith, but through walking by faith and living into the truth.
- Sunday, October 8 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 9 at 4:00 pm
Self-Mastery And Grace
Join these families to see how God stretches out His hand to help and heal those of us who struggle with addictions, wounds and insecurities.
- Sunday, October 15 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 16 at 4:00 pm
Weak Enough To Lead
In trusting the Lord to be their strength when they are weak, these families reveal how weakness can lead a family to holiness.
- Sunday, October 22 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 23 at 4:00 pm
Sorrow And Hope
Families reveal how the Lord held them close during hard times, like going through divorce or leaving an abusive relationship.
- Sunday, October 29 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, October 30 at 4:00 pm
Families contemplate how we can overcome resentment and the refusal to forgive others.
- Sunday, November 5 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, November 6 at 4:00 pm
Creating Sacred Spaces
Families share how they have made their homes into sacred spaces of peace and love.
- Sunday, November 12 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, November 13 at 4:00 pm
The Family Meal
Families tell how eating meals together brought them closer each other and to the Eucharist, and helped form them as individuals.
- Sunday, November 19 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, November 20 at 4:00 pm
Conscience And Hard Times
God called out to these families, just as He calls out to anyone who is lost or struggling with difficulties.
- Sunday, November 26 at 3:30 pm
- Monday, November 27 at 4:00 pm