The 10th annual World Day of the Sick Divine Mercy Healing Mass was held February 11, 2017 at St. Ann Church, Bartlett. Father Russ Harbaugh presided and was joined by Father Elbert Callis, Father David Orsak, Father Richard Coy, Msgr. Victor Ciaramitaro and Msgr. Thomas Kirk. They were assisted by Deacons Chip Jones, David Dierkes and Greg Thomas. The World Day of the Sick is a feast day of the Catholic Church which was instituted on May 13, 1992 by Pope John Paul II. Beginning on February 11, 1993, it is celebrated every year on the commemoration of Our Lady of Lourdes, for all believers seeks to be "a special time of prayer and sharing, of offering one's suffering." The Mass involves the laying on of hands as well as the anointing of the palms of parishioners in attendance.
Jul 27, 2017
- Catholic Charities of West Tennessee Announces Grants to Nine Organizations
- Catholic Charities Receives Grant From International Paper Foundation...
- SAA Trap Team Shines at SCTP Nationals
- St. Agnes-St. Dominic teacher selected for Global Classroom Fellowship
- CBHS forming ‘BIOLOGICAL PARTNERSHIP' INITIATIVE with Shelby Farms
- Pope, others pray as parents of Charlie Gard end legal struggle for help
- Auza: Religion's role in development is to keep human dignity at center
- U.S. Bishops respond to defeat of GOP “Skinny Repeal” bill
- Q-and-A on the Vatican's recent instruction on bread, wine for Communion
- Vatican guidelines to ensure validity of matter for Eucharist
- USCCB gives aid for Albanians' education and to war-torn Eastern Ukraine
- Catholic leaders mourn for victims killed, injured in trafficking tragedy
- Access to Medicaid to get health care called 'vital' for West Virginians
- After protests over Satanic memorial, city nixes all religious symbols