WorshipXXXX_nav_workship_XXXX "The Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy calls for the "full, conscious and active participation of all the people" and sets the goal before us that such participation "is the aim to be considered before all else."
This call of the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy sets the tone for the Diocesan Office of Rites and Sacraments.The primary task of the Office is to nourish faith and lead people into the mystery of Christ through promoting the implementation and celebration of the Rites of the Church in accordance with the vision of Vatican Council II.
Toward that end, we serve the catholic people of West Tennessee by:
- Cultivating understanding and appreciation of the Church's liturgy through service as a liturgical resource to parishes in the Diocese and to other Diocesan departments.
- Coordinating the preparation of all Diocesan liturgies and all other liturgies at which our Diocesan Bishop presides.
- Maintaining the Church's tradition of prayer through promotion of the Liturgy of the Hours.
- Supporting the implementation of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults in all parishes in the Diocese through conducting workshops for RCIA teams, working with individual parish teams, ongoing review of implementation and publication of a Diocesan RCIA Newsletter.
- Providing for the liturgical expression and celebration of the ethnic diversity in our Diocese through offering training and formation in liturgical ministry for those Catholics whose first language is Spanish.
- Developing and conducting ongoing review of Sacramental Norms.
- Providing guidelines for Catholic devotional practices.